Iconic taxi brand LEVC reveals rapid growth in European sales

The London Electric Vehicle Company (LEVC) has displayed its electric TX ‘Shuttle’ at IAA 2019 as part of the Department for International Trade (DIT) stand in hall 5, having seen major demand in Europe for shuttle versions of the TX Taxi.
Iconic taxi brand LEVC reveals rapid growth in European sales
Courtesy of LEVC

The TX Shuttle is based on its electric taxi, featuring the same eCity Technology, merging 129 kilometres (80 miles) of zero emissions capability with range-extended flexibility giving a total range of 607 kilometres (377 miles). The vehicle offers passengers a comfortable and luxurious cabin capable of taking six passengers, alongside charging points for mobile phones and laptops, on-board Wi-Fi and a panoramic roof. It shares the same DNA as the electric taxi and now offers mobility and shuttle services the opportunity to specify the taxi to their own unique needs, building features as required for their business use. This makes the ‘Shuttle’ product ideal for on-demand public transport and taxi services across Europe and the rest of the world.

LEVC expects that new products such as the TX Shuttle and light commercial vehicle, the LCV van, will create further growth in Europe and that by 2022, 70 percent of the vehicles built at Ansty will be for the export market while the remaining 30 percent will service the UK.

A vital element of this export strategy is the establishment of a central European sales office, based in Frankfurt and, with the strong support of Volvo Germany’s dealer network and finance and insurance infrastructure, LEVC is building an established network to cover the growing demand from existing and future customers.

LEVC has already identified sales opportunities across Germany, Denmark and France adding to LEVC’s current markets of Norway, Sweden, Hong Kong and Malaysia and fitting with LEVC’s aim to have fleets of TXs in major cities around the world by 2024.

“The TX Taxi has been a huge success with 2500 vehicles sold in the UK – and across Europe” said Joerg Hofmann, CEO of LEVC. “It has proved that taxi drivers have become converts of green logistics, with major benefits in terms of cost savings, while for commercial vehicle operators the e-City range extender technology takes away range anxiety once and for all. The time is right for a new green mobility provider, cities are faced with ever-growing populations and the challenge of air quality. With our zero emission TX Taxi, TX Shuttle and LCV, we can change the way people and goods are moved around an urban area. Our overall growth strategy is supported by export sales into new markets together with a new range of products. Our goal is to be the leading European green commercial mobility solution provider and I have every confidence we will achieve that ambition.”

LEVC has achieved strong sales figures this year, with record sales month-on-month since April. The all-electric TX has been officially selected as the vehicle for the new on-demand public transport service in Offenbach in Germany and recently formed part of the VIP shuttle service at the AvD Old-timer Grand Prix held at the Nürburgring.

The company is also currently working with University of Duisenberg-Essen and the city of Cologne to determine the possibility of creating inductive charging for the TX fleet, meaning the LEVC products may not need to be plugged in.

Since 2014, GEELY has invested more than £500 million into the London Electric Vehicle Company (LEVC), allowing it to build an entirely new manufacturing facility in Ansty, Coventry and to develop the TX Taxi, a vehicle which has been a huge success with 2500 examples sold in the UK and throughout Europe.

For additional information:

London Electric Vehicle Company (LEVC)

Baterías con premio en la gran feria europea del almacenamiento de energía
El jurado de la feria ees (la gran feria europea de las baterías y los sistemas acumuladores de energía) ya ha seleccionado los productos y soluciones innovadoras que aspiran, como finalistas, al gran premio ees 2021. Independientemente de cuál o cuáles sean las candidaturas ganadoras, la sola inclusión en este exquisito grupo VIP constituye todo un éxito para las empresas. A continuación, los diez finalistas 2021 de los ees Award (ees es una de las cuatro ferias que integran el gran evento anual europeo del sector de la energía, The smarter E).