Bryan D. Ekus, co-founder and executive director of the International PV Equipment Association (IPVEA), has been appointed to the Saudi Arabia Solar Industry Association (SASIA) board of advisors.
The Saudi Arabia Solar Industry Association (SASIA) is a non-governmental association, which aims to promote solar power in the Saudi Arabia and across the Middle East.
“It’s a great honour to work with the SASIA team and what it represents to the MENA region," said Ekus. “SASIA is growing with its expansion into the GCC Solar Alliance and I’m thrilled to join its advisory board.”
The other members of the advisory board are:
• Abdulmohsin Mohammad Al Shoaibi, Managing Partner Dar Global Solar LLC
• Mr. Hando Kang, Vice President of the International Affairs and Communications Office of the President and Chief Executive Officer of SkyPower FAS Energy
• Mr. Imtiaz Mahtab, Executive Vice President of Air Liquide Middle East and North Africa Electronics
• Mr. Faisal Tabbaa, Deputy Managing Partner of Dhabaan & Partners
• Mr. Luis Torres, Managing Director of Market Development & Policy in the EMEA region for SunPower Corporation
“We’re extremely excited to have Bryan as a member of our board,” said Browning Rockwell, Executive Director of SASIA. “Bryan brings a unique and diverse perspective to our organization which will certainly help as we execute against our business plans and strive to reach our growth objectives in the GCC region.”
Ekus, who is based in Orlando, Florida, is a co-founder and executive director of the International PV Equipment Association (IPVEA). He is responsible for the leadership and day to-day operations of the IPVEA’s activities, which include developing and executing government relations strategies to achieve and sustain a fair regulatory environment in the field of photovoltaic manufacturing, energy storage, as well as smart grid energy management.
In addition to his work at Ekus, he served as a co-founder and executive director of the MEDIA-TECH Association from 2001 until recently stepping down this past December.
"I am delighted to welcome Bryan Ekus to SASIA." said SASIA Chairman Abdulmohsin Mohammad Al Shoaibi. "Bryan’s experience and knowledge covering a wide range of sectors within the renewable industry will contribute to a progressive Board which will take the association to the levels that are expected by our members and partners, to lead the only dedicated voice representing Saudi Arabia region."