pv

Duke Energy Launches Major Search for New Solar in North Carolina

0
Duke Energy is soliciting for at least 1,300 MW of new solar capacity in North Carolina. The recently passed HB 951 provides that 55% of new solar generation under the company’s Carbon Plan is to be supplied from solar energy facilities that are company-built. But the remaining 45% of the total MW of any solar energy facilities procured under the Carbon Plan shall be supplied through the execution of power purchase agreements (PPAs) with other companies.
Duke Energy Launches Major Search for New Solar in North Carolina
Image by Sebastian Ganso from Pixabay

Duke Energy’s plan would be in addition to the roughly 600 megawatts already put out for bids in the last round of the existing Competitive Procurement of Renewable Energy program. If the N.C. Utilities Commission approves Duke’s latest proposal, its Carolinas utilities would seek bids this year for almost 1,300 megawatts worth of solar projects.

The procurement supports the overall aim of the law, which says the N.C. Utilities Commission shall take all reasonable steps to achieve a 70% reduction in carbon dioxide emitted in the state from electric generating facilities owned or operated by electric public utilities from the 2005 level.  This initial 2022 solar procurement will be the first of a series of annual solar procurements, with the amounts of each subsequent procurement to be determined by the Commission as part of approval of the Carbon Plan. 

The Filing

https://starw1.ncuc.net/NCUC/ViewFile.aspx?Id=72ece098-9802-44ca-8f53-7bac44f476d7

 

Add a comment
¡Suscríbete!
Baterías con premio en la gran feria europea del almacenamiento de energía
El jurado de la feria ees (la gran feria europea de las baterías y los sistemas acumuladores de energía) ya ha seleccionado los productos y soluciones innovadoras que aspiran, como finalistas, al gran premio ees 2021. Independientemente de cuál o cuáles sean las candidaturas ganadoras, la sola inclusión en este exquisito grupo VIP constituye todo un éxito para las empresas. A continuación, los diez finalistas 2021 de los ees Award (ees es una de las cuatro ferias que integran el gran evento anual europeo del sector de la energía, The smarter E).